Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

THIS SEMESTER HAS BEEN TOUGH



Before entering my third year at Uni, I knew that the workload was going to increase and everything would be more difficult than in my second and first years. However, I was not expecting to get so stressed that I would develop insomnia. The earliest I have slept this whole month has been 5am.

I have had back-to-back pieces of coursework and seminar preparation work to submit, while still having to attend lectures and seminars; and I feel like I have not even had the chance to breathe. I was happy at first that we Law and Business students did not have to do a dissertation; however, after doing all this work, I suspect that I have actually done a dissertation; just that it has been broken down into different pieces of work. Lol.

Anyway, I submitted my final two pieces of coursework for the year today and words cannot describe the relief that has flooded over me! I can now try to correct my sleep pattern, concentrate on my May exams (which sucks because my birthday falls in between two papers >_<) and fix myself (my current state is enough to crack mirrors! True story…haha).

I really admire my course mates who still have jobs at this time of the year. I can imagine how tired they must be feeling right now.

I also want to say Well Done! To my fellow university students who have managed to pull through till now; it is not easy at all…and Good Luck to all those still doing coursework and dissertations…I feel your pain!

I am typing this blog post at 6am by the way, which shows how long I have been up doing work. L

Hehe until my next post…xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I really admire you doing all this work and still finding time to write about it. I relate to you with the sleep thing, had it last summer and it is almost impossible to get rid of....about the school it´s always good to have at least one distraction it used to be my friends, but after i got hangovers every saturday i decided to invest my energy into music. Buy yourself a piano or at least a keyboard and just play everytime you are angry or sad, or even tired....helps amazingly. Well anyway i have one question, since I´m hopefully future law student and what i read on your blog scares the soul out of me. How many lectures a week you have? How many hours? Thank you in advance for your comment reply I´m subscribing. And sorry i didn´t put my name or email but I´m too ashamed of my spelling :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for your comments and your advice! I do have a keyboard but I hardly play these days...I think I will start playing it again..and I am really sorry if I scared you...I didn't mean to...I have just been quite stressed but I think the comforting thing about all this is that others have been through it before and have made it...and I have got just one more month to finish so I actually have survived till now, despite all the hard work. For Law students lectures are usually 3 days in a week and each lecture lasts for 2 hours. We have seminars for each lecture too, and they last for an hour...you could have the seminars on the same days as the lectures or on different days; but you are guaranteed at least one full free day and one half day...and sorry for my very late reply, I am only now seeing your comment. Good luck in your future ventures and I am pretty sure you will feel fulfilled after you have been through it all and succeeded. :D
      xxDanixx

      Delete